FREE DUI CASE EVALUATION
Frequently Asked Questions in Utah DUI Cases
- Will I be able to get my case dismissed because I was not read my
Probably not. But if you were interrogated after being placed in
custody, your statements can not be used against you.
- Will I go to jail?
An experienced attorney may be able to keep you out.
- I had two alcohol offenses when I was younger. What will happen to
my license if I have a third conviction?
Your license will be automatically revoked for two years.
- How many hours of alcohol classes will I have to take?
Plan on at least 24-48 hours, one two hour session per week. The
higher your BAC, the more hours you will have to take.
- What will happen if I do not complete the classes or public
service ordered by the Court?
You will go to jail.
- I lost my Utah license. May I obtain a license in another state.
In most cases, no.
- If I obtain an international driver's license, may I drive in
Utah, even though my Utah license is revoked?
- Am I a bad person, because I was arrested for DUI?
No, but you are well advised never, never smell like alcohol
while behind the wheel.
- What if I burped within twenty minutes of blowing?
The breath machine may have read alcohol from your stomach rather
than you lungs. The result may be incorrect. A similar problem occurs